[compiler-hacking] [ocl-staff] OCaml Compiler Hacking - Tonight - 18:30 - Pembroke College, N7

Anil Madhavapeddy anil at recoil.org
Tue Feb 7 18:10:06 GMT 2017

On 7 Feb 2017, at 08:31, Gemma Gordon <gg417 at cl.cam.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Looking forward to seeing those who can make it tonight :)
>
> We have a great mixture of people attending tonight - some with little compiler and OCaml experience, and others with compiler knowledge they'd like to share - here's some good projects to work on:

Thanks for the great summary of projects, Gemma!

> Junior Jobs
> https://github.com/ocamllabs/compiler-hacking/wiki/Things-to-work-on#juniorjobs
> This list is up-to-date, and features lots of suitable tasks - click on the 'junior_job' tag and filter the issues to select 'confirmed' and 'acknowledged'.
> Good for those unfamiliar with OCaml internals.
>
> OPAM bulk logs
> https://github.com/ocamllabs/compiler-hacking/wiki/Things-to-work-on#opam-bulk-logs
> https://github.com/ocaml/opam-bulk-logs/ might be a little out of date but http://opam.ocamlpro.com/builder/ has similar up-to-date information.
> Includes package build failures that are often easy fixes.

A minor addendum to this: the live CI is now at https://ci.ocaml.io, with bulk builds for all the latest OPAM packages logged at: https://ci.ocaml.io/mirage/opam-repository/ref/heads/bulk

A very useful contribution is to chip away at some of the simpler build failures, and/or create issues once you've triaged something (even if it's as simple as 'cannot figure this out' on https://github.com/ocaml/opam-repository/issues.

Enjoy hacking tonight -- I'm in sunny California, where it's raining more than you would believe possible...

-anil