[containers-users] more on deprecation

Simon Cruanes simon.cruanes.2007 at m4x.org
Fri Feb 19 12:45:34 GMT 2016

Le Fri, 19 Feb 2016, Nils Becker a écrit :
> On 18/02/16 12:27, Simon Cruanes wrote:
> > Hi again,
> >
> > I'm thinking about removing `CCHashtbl.Default` by adding more utils to the
> > regular functor `CCHashtbl.Make`
> > (for instance, I added `get_or: 'a tbl -> key -> or_:'a -> 'a`)
> > and possibly also merging `Counter` into `CCHashtbl.Make` by adding some
> > utils that work only on `int tbl`.
> >

> this would not be a problem for me. what is the benefit? is it that
> there are no two incompatible hash table types anymore, one with and one
> without default element?

Yes indeed, instead of choosing whether your want a "hashtable" or a
"default hashtable" you just get the (quasi-)union of their
functionalities. Also, currently the Default and Counter modules are
really low on features (didn't take time to replicate
iter,fold,map,etc.).

Cheers,

--
Simon Cruanes

http://weusepgp.info/
key 49AA62B6, fingerprint 949F EB87 8F06 59C6 D7D3  7D8D 4AC0 1D08 49AA 62B6