[containers-users] [ANN] release of containers-1.0

Simon Cruanes simon.cruanes.2007 at m4x.org
Sat Feb 11 23:02:32 GMT 2017

Dear all,

It is my great pleasure to announce the release of Containers 1.0, after
almost four years of development. Containers is a modular, clean and
powerful extension of the OCaml standard library, under the permissive
BSD license.

It is designed to be efficient, light on link-time dependencies, and to
complement the existing modules rather than replacing them.
The core library has no dependency on unix and should be usable
everywhere. Every module is independent and is prefixed with 'CC' in
the global namespace.  Alternatively, `open Containers` will bring
enhanced versions of the standard modules into scope, along with a few
modules that should exist, such as Option, IO or Int.
Containers now requires OCaml >= 4.01.

Containers also features sub-libraries for helping with threads,
S-expressions, and some unix utilities to invoke sub-processes.

I jump on the opportunity to thank the various users and contributors
that helped improving the code, kept asking for better solutions, and
reported bugs.

Cheers!

github page: https://github.com/c-cube/ocaml-containers
documentation: http://c-cube.github.io/ocaml-containers/1.0/
overview of 1.0: https://github.com/c-cube/ocaml-containers/issues/84

--
Simon Cruanes

http://weusepgp.info/
key 49AA62B6, fingerprint 949F EB87 8F06 59C6 D7D3  7D8D 4AC0 1D08 49AA 62B6