[containers-users] containers 1.0-rc1

Simon Cruanes simon.cruanes.2007 at m4x.org
Tue Jan 24 23:42:05 GMT 2017

Hello everyone,

At last, 1.0 is close! Everything on the todo-list
(https://github.com/c-cube/ocaml-containers/issues/84) was checked or
cancelled.

In the end, my hope is that containers-1.0 is going to be simpler,
cleaner, and more focused around the core extensions to the stdlib.
Many modules are simpler and shorter; some parts have been removed;
deprecated functions and submodules are finally gone.

A few notes:
- labelled version of CCList and CCArray are in CCListLabels and CCArrayLabels,
  but the normal versions of these modules remain unlabelled
- formatters and CCFormat are much improved
- containers.thread will finally remain (but might be
  packaged independently, e.g. in containers-thread, I have to investigate
  the limitations of opam-publish for multi-package repositories).

The release candidate can be found at
https://github.com/c-cube/ocaml-containers/releases/tag/1.0-rc1
Use opam pin to test it:
$ opam pin add containers https://github.com/c-cube/ocaml-containers/archive.1.0-rc1.tar.gz
(you might need oasis, this is not a stable release).

Hope to hear some feedback on this. The actual 1.0 release should land
in a few weeks, depending on how broken this new release is ;-)

Cheers!

--
Simon Cruanes

http://weusepgp.info/
key 49AA62B6, fingerprint 949F EB87 8F06 59C6 D7D3  7D8D 4AC0 1D08 49AA 62B6