[ocaml-ctypes] Setting completion function variable for Readline

Phil Hagelberg phil at hagelb.org
Tue Sep 24 04:45:34 BST 2013

Jeremy Yallop writes:

> Yes: you can use the foreign_value function[0] to retrieve the address
> of the global, and then set it directly using the assignment operator
> <- at .

Thanks; that looks like just the trick.

There's one twist which still has me stumped though. For custom
completion functions, Readline requires an array be returned which is
null-terminated. As far as I can tell, it's impossible to represent this
within the OCaml type system. Is this something I'd have to dip into the
Obj module to implement? What would that look like?

-Phil Hagelberg