[ocaml-ctypes] Spinning process on osx

Daniel Bünzli daniel.buenzli at erratique.ch
Wed Jan 29 10:38:44 GMT 2014

Le samedi, 28 décembre 2013 à 21:23, Jeremy Yallop a écrit :
> There do seem to have been some issues with -no_compact_unwind and libffi:
>
> https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/5019

This is becoming slightly annoying for me as I would like to use a 4.01.0 feature only (Printexc.get_callstack).

I have to admit I have a very poor understanding of the issue, -no_compact_unwind is not documented in man ld, but the option -warn_compact_unwind says this [1]. Here are the options I'm contemplating, I'll gladly take comments before I spend time on this.

* Patch the compiler to remove the option, what will it entail ?
* Try with libffi HEAD to see if the issue was maybe fixed. To brew experts, is there an quick easy way/pointer to instructions of doing that with brew ? I'm spoilt by opam pin.

Thanks,

Daniel

[1]
-warn_compact_unwind
When producing a final linked image, the linker processes the
__eh_frame section and produces an __unwind_info section.
Most FDE entries in the __eh_frame can be represented by a
32-bit value in the __unwind_info section. The option issues
a warning for any function whose FDE cannot be expressed in
the compact unwind format.