[ocaml-ctypes] [Caml-list] ANN: ocaml-ctypes 0.5.0, a library for calling C functions directly from OCaml

Jeremy Yallop yallop at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 11:08:15 GMT 2016

On 22 March 2016 at 10:12,  <sp at orbitalfox.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 07:42:05PM +0000, Jeremy Yallop wrote:
>> I'm pleased to announce release 0.5.0 of ocaml-ctypes, which is now
>> available on OPAM.
>
> Great work, thank you!
>
> Are there areny plans to support C++ in a similar approach?

It'd be possible to support some of C++ fairly straightforwardly.  For
example, binding overloaded functions should work with the current
ctypes release if you use stub generation (i.e. the Cstubs module),
and calling function templates will probably work too.  It'd be a bit
more work to support exceptions and member functions, but it could
probably be done.  C++ support is not currently high up on the
priority list, but I'd be happy to help out if someone wanted to start
looking at a design.