[ocamlweb-devel] new ocamlweb repo

Ashish Agarwal agarwal1975 at gmail.com
Thu May 10 19:33:51 BST 2012

Dear ocamlweb list members,

I wanted to give an update on the ocamlweb project. Firstly, apologies for
the long silence. A few of us have been working on an implementation that
would support easy contributions from a broader group, and I think we have
that now.

The project is now hosted on github:
https://github.com/agarwal/ocamlweb

We have chosen to implement the site in raw html for now, with minimal
templating supported by the weberizer tool. Content contributors can simply
write html directly in the files under src/html. Just fork the project and
submit pull requests. Modifying the design requires understanding the
weberizer tool and knowing the overall structure of the site, but this
should not be required by most contributors.

We are still working on the design before pushing the master repo to the
live site, which CamlPro is kindly hosting at ocaml-lang.org (another
branch is already hosted there in the mean time). Once development
stabilizes and the content and design are more mature, we will request to
use the domain ocaml.org, for which we have tentative support.

How you can help: Add content, fix content, help with the design, and in
general do anything that makes the site more complete and professional
looking.

Thanks and we'll start using this list more regularly now to discuss
further developments. Please post here or write to me directly if you have
any questions.

Best,
Ashish