[ocaml-infra] Redesigning OCaml.org

Philippe Wang philippe.wang at cl.cam.ac.uk
Tue Aug 6 22:57:07 BST 2013

On Aug 6, 2013, at 22:46 PM, Daniel Bünzli <daniel.buenzli at erratique.ch> wrote:

> A few comments.
>
> * Though in general I find it quite balanced. I would also be in favor of a little bit more information density and less huge childish icons on the landing page.

So I suppose you're against being a "fashion victim". ;-)
I think it would make OCaml feel more modern if the web page was modern as well, for that I think it's important to follow the trend and to use modern design.

> * To really have a good assessment of the design we need the real content, not Lorem [1].

Yep, somehow I do agree. :-/

> * I already made my comments on the font of the new logo here [2]. It's even worse when put in context, it hurts my eyes. Oh and could you put a high-resolution image of the icon it's all blurry on a high resolution display.

That one, I guess I couldn't formulate it before. I really dislike that font.

Best,
Philippe