[ocaml-infra] ocaml.org on 1st page of google query for ocaml.

Sylvain Le Gall sylvain at le-gall.net
Fri Jan 18 18:09:06 GMT 2013

Le 18 janv. 2013 18:50, "Anil Madhavapeddy" <anil at recoil.org> a écrit :

> When using google.fr, ocaml.org doesn't appear to come out on top. Only
on google.{com/.co.uk} for me.

That can explain the lack of French users. There is room for improvement
but it is on the right track...

> -anil
>
> On 18 Jan 2013, at 17:37, Sylvain Le Gall <sylvain at le-gall.net> wrote:
>
>> Just had a quick look at the stats, and there are some surprises....
>>
>> Top OS: Windows (33%), then Linux and Mac...
>> Top social referrer: Twitter, then Stack Overflow and G+.
>> Country: US (27%), France (12%)
>>
>> Here are the fact I am surprised about:
>> - people seems to think that the OCaml community is UNIX centric...
seems to be not that true (at least 1/3 are not using UNIX based system)
>> - I was expecting to see reddit in the top social referrer and G+ far
below.... this is not the case
>> - I was expecting to see at least France in top position here.
>>
>> Overall I am surprised by this stats. I think we should take another
look in 6 months.

>> 2013/1/18 Sylvain Le Gall <sylvain at le-gall.net>
>>>
>>> BTW, I am planning to setup analytics as well to forge.(SOON TO BE).
ocaml.org and planet.ocaml.org, maybe it makes sense to have all this stats
in one place (i.e. the analytics account where ocaml.org is already hosted).

count the Jane Street add at the top).
OCaml Labs homepage and 10th is Planet OCaml.

people currently find their way to ocaml.org and which pages they land on.
 I'm curious to know the ratio of direct visits (typing ocaml.org into the
browser) vs  people who follow links.  Of those that follow links, who are
the referrers.

access to the stats to anyone interested (I don't know if it's easy to
export the data).

of visitors ? I would be very interested to see the traffic.