[ocaml-infra] google analytics configuration

Thomas Gazagnaire thomas.gazagnaire at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 21:40:16 GMT 2013

Hi,

> Thomas must have granted read-only access to some of us, which is why we can see the stats.
indeed, it's what I've done

> As far as I can tell, there are only two solutions:
>
> 1) If the ocamlpro google analytics account contains only the ocaml.org property (I doubt it, but Thomas please confirm), then we got lucky. Thomas you can give admin access to ocamlwebsite at gmail.com, the name ocamlpro can be changed, and everything will be as we want it.

unfortunately we are tracking other websites as well ... I've tried to play a little bit with admin access and account migration but this seems completely broken. I don't understand why google can't fix this. I'll look tomorrow if I can find a free or open-source solution and import ocaml.org data in there.

> Advice: if you ever use google analytics, be sure to create a distinct google analytics account for each website you want to track (all this can go under a single google account, so you still don't have too many actual accounts). I have no idea what the utility of a google analytics account is. The concept seems superfluous.

Agreed, something that I learned in the hard way ...

--
Thomas