[ocaml-infra] Fwd: [opam-repository] Add ocaml-markdown 0.1.1 (#863)

Sebastien Mondet sebastien.mondet at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 15:40:11 BST 2013

Sylvain's ocaml-markdown is also based on Mauricio's benchmark:
http://forge.ocamlcore.org/scm/browser.php?group_id=303&repo_name=ocaml-markdown

All those implementations seem very far from github, pandoc or even
http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/syntax (they don't handle lists
properly, interpret *asterisks* as *bold *instead of *emph*, blockquotes?
etc. or am I missing something?).

I had noticed that Thomas did some work, a while ago, on reimplementing
Cow's module, with ocaml{lex,yacc}:
https://github.com/samoht/ocaml-cow/commit/76c057a66f07ea7e026e5ceb3f71b81a47f78af0
It that idea abandoned?

Adding to Gabriel's list:

- wiki-creole: https://github.com/besport/ocaml-wikicreole
- there is also a parser for a wiki-creole-like language in OCsimore
http://ocsigen.org/ocsimore/

Right now, I unix.system 'pandoc' on server-side, and use Marked (
https://github.com/chjj/marked) with js_of_ocaml's Js.Unsafe module on
client side.
It would be indeed really cool to have a pure OCaml implementation!

BTW, Marked.js comes with an extensive test suite that they claim to be
derived from the "official one" (the perl implementation), that can be
useful.

Cheers
Seb

--
Tonight! Lucrative Jacket, 9pm Gig at The Living Room, NYC! Yes, early and
free! http://www.youtube.com/lucrativejacket