[ocaml-infra] staging site for ocaml.org

Ashish Agarwal agarwal1975 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 14:22:56 BST 2013

On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 3:03 PM, Martin Keegan <martin at no.ucant.org> wrote:

Doesn't that just push the source template / content data, rather than the
> compiled HTML you get after running "make"?

The trick is to make gh-pages an orphan branch:
https://help.github.com/articles/creating-project-pages-manually

You then push the compiled site to this branch. See the 'publish' target in
the Makefile. You'll want to do almost the same thing, with a few changes:

* Skip the first 2 steps. These make sure I'm publishing the latest commit
on the 'publish' branch in the master repo. Since you'll be experimenting,
you'll want to compile whatever local commit you're on.

* In the clone step, change the URL to your own fork.

Maybe we should add a 'publish-dev' target that does this, but we'll have
to decide how to set the URL to your personal fork.