[ocaml-infra] staging site for ocaml.org

Martin Keegan martin at no.ucant.org
Tue Jun 4 15:24:37 BST 2013

On Tue, 4 Jun 2013, Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:

> If compiling a dev version of the site is really so onerous, we could
> make it one of the staging tasks in the OCamlot bot to compile and push
> to a staging site.

It's not onerous for me - but it is certainly more onerous than a site
which is pure markdown and which just needs to be pushed, as the markdown
compile is done on the post-receive hook server-side.

> It doesn't seem too hard to just run a one-off OPAM installation though.

Not hard at all, given that it's just cut-n-paste into the shell, but it
took 25 minutes to download and compile all the bits.

This is probably too minor a point for us all to be discussing in such
detail! :)

Mk

--
Martin Keegan, @mk270, +44 7779 296469, http://mk.ucant.org/