[ocaml-infra] Long tern project: merging lists.ocaml.org and lists.ocamlcore.org

Sylvain Le Gall sylvain at le-gall.net
Tue Oct 29 13:39:27 GMT 2013

Hi,

Just to ask if it will make sense to merge lists.ocaml.org and
lists.ocamlcore.org. On the long term, ocamlcore.org will be
deprecated in favor of ocaml.org. At this point we will have to make a
decision about wether or not we should merge the mailing list server
as well.

Pros:
- injecting data from the forge (like list of valid email address
extracted from forge DB) will help to reduce spam
- easier to setup anti-spam for a single instance

Cons:
- lots of mailing list from the forge, maybe we want to just highlight
"some" important one (like wg-camlp4)

Alternative:
- host mailing list on lists.forge.ocaml.org.

What's your opinion on this topic ?

This is an open question, I won't implement it tomorrow, so we have
time to deal with the question.

Regards
Sylvain