[ocaml-infra] ocaml.{be,eu,fr}

Florent Monnier monnier.florent at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 23:31:45 GMT 2014

2014/1/8, Anil Madhavapeddy <anil at recoil.org>:
> On 8 Jan 2014, at 21:47, Florent Monnier <monnier.florent at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> 2014/01/07, Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:
>>> I'd prefer to minimize the number of domains, so I'm happy enough with
>>> ocaml.org unless someone has a reason why we need more.
>>
>> If there are no other volunteers,
>> and if noone has objections against it,
>> I would enjoy to take .eu and .fr,
>> and eventually I would try to do something that is
>> a little bit less accademic (and maybe also less
>> men-oriented, based on inspirations from [2].)
>>
>> But if it's intentional, and if you have good reasons to
>> make the ocaml community very academic and masculine,
>> then please ignore this naive and utopic proposition.
>
> I honestly have no idea what you're talking about here.  Is
> there something specifically gender- or career-specific that
> you can point out that should be improved?
>
> If you do have some concrete suggestions to improve the
> ocaml.org content, then please do file them on the bug tracker
> at https://github.com/ocaml/ocaml.org/issues.
>
> best,
> Anil

I'm a "pseudo self-taught" programmer and in particular I have no
accademic back ground.

As a result I do not understand most of the documentations produced by
the ocaml community which is very accademic.

Please notice that I do not mean that this is a bad thing, this is
just my feelings.

I added "pseudo" because I'm not really self-taught I've learn using
what's available on the internet, so the people who have given these
documentations on the internet taught me.

This particular point about the very accademic orientated state, I
have not felt it in other programming communities.

I was just willing to propose myself as a volunteer in case the ocaml
community would be willing to open the door to "non-accademic" people.

If the ocaml community prefers (for any reason) to remain accademic
only please ignore my proposition to be this volunteer.

--
Florent