[ocaml-infra] ocaml.{be,eu,fr}

Florent Monnier monnier.florent at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 23:40:04 GMT 2014

2014/1/8, Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:
> On 8 Jan 2014, at 21:47, Florent Monnier wrote:
>
>> 2014/01/07, Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:
>>> I'd prefer to minimize the number of domains, so I'm happy enough with
>>> ocaml.org unless someone has a reason why we need more.
>>
>> If there are no other volunteers,
>> and if noone has objections against it,
>> I would enjoy to take .eu and .fr,
>> and eventually I would try to do something that is
>> a little bit less accademic (and maybe also less
>> men-oriented, based on inspirations from [2].)
>>
>> But if it's intentional, and if you have good reasons to
>> make the ocaml community very academic and masculine,
>> then please ignore this naive and utopic proposition.
>
> I honestly have no idea what you're talking about here.  Is
> there something specifically gender- or career-specific that
> you can point out that should be improved?
>
> If you do have some concrete suggestions to improve the
> ocaml.org content, then please do file them on the bug tracker
> at https://github.com/ocaml/ocaml.org/issues.

Hi Anil,

No sorry, I can not explain more about [2] and I can not fill issues
about [2] and accademic things that I don't understand. Because I
myself don't understand enough about it.

Maybe we could ask to the Debian OCaml Task Force [1] about what [2] means?
I would indeed probably need some enlightenments about the topic.

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/OCamlTaskForce
[2] http://www.debian.org/women/index.en.html