[ocaml-infra] Machine/VM to temporarily run some stats on OPAM repo

Amir Chaudhry amc79 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Aug 13 19:10:01 BST 2015

Hi folks,

I’m working with Christophe on generating some rough data about all the packages that are part of opam repo.  To do this, we’ll need to (bare) clone all the repos themselves and then run some tools over them.

Given the number of repos and the time it might take (possibly a few hours per run), I think it would be unwise to do this on our laptops.  I’m wondering if there’s a machine or VM available where we can run this.

Anil, d’you know of anything we can use for this?  It doesn’t have to be up long term as it’s just to allow us to experiment.

Amir