[ocaml-infra] ocaml.org update on new OCaml version (was: Adopting a Governance framework for OCaml.org)

Ashish Agarwal agarwal1975 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 18:42:13 BST 2015

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 12:07 PM, Gabriel Scherer <gabriel.scherer at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Should we consider that updating the relevant ocaml.org pages is part of
> the release process?

Yes please. It is wrong that the current release announcements still refer
to caml.inria.fr, and it is an unnecessary duplication of work to then
create the corresponding ocaml.org pages.

This isn't done currently. In fact:
> - ocaml.org has no mention of the new OCaml releases anywhere

The releases are listed here [1], and I see now that we have some bugs [2].
Sorry about that. I usually take care of the ocaml.org release pages but
failed to do so for 4.02.3.

[1] http://ocaml.org/releases/
[2] https://github.com/ocaml/ocaml.org/issues/698

to craft an announce on caml.inria.fr. Should we do this for ocaml.org now?

IMHO we should stop updating caml.inria.fr completely. Continuing to use it
only causes confusion. At most, maybe some caml.inria.fr pages should
redirect to the corresponding ocaml.org pages.