[ocaml-infra] Access rights to ocaml.org's github repo

Philippe Wang mail at philippewang.info
Sat Jan 16 11:08:17 GMT 2016

On Sat, Jan 16, 2016 at 10:22 AM, Fabrice Le Fessant
<Fabrice.Le_fessant at inria.fr> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 16, 2016 at 12:53 AM Philippe Wang <mail at philippewang.info>
> wrote:
>>
>> Well, I'm not so sure that the organisations are very relevant...
>

> Any organization that wants to be transparent must do that. Who would trust
> an organization to be independant if most members are paid by the same
> company ?

Well, I don't care to the extend of arguing a lot about this, I mean
I'll deal with whatever fits better for others on this point.
However for what it's worth, having to keep the companies/institutions
up to date is not something I look for. In my case, for instance, I
was at University of Cambridge when I joined the ocaml.org team, then
I went to ANSYS Esterel Technologies, then I worked for another
company, and now I'm at BeSport. It'd be a bit annoying to me to keep
that up to date. But again, if it has to be done, I'm ok with it.

>> With that, I totally concur. That list is on
>> http://ocaml.org/about.html as Amir mentioned, however it's clearly
>> not up to date. :(
>> I'm not going to update it because I don't know the up-to-date list.
>> One example comes to mind: David Sheets has been a maintainer for
>> quite a while now and he's not on the list.
>

> Has it ever been up to date ? I thought Thomas was a member with commit
> rights already at that time...

Git log indicates that Thomas had commit rights in 2013, and even
2012... also in 2015...  ôÔ
So the list has never really been up-to-date! :'D

> If you have access to the github repo, could
> you send the complete list in this thread ?

I don't have the access that would permit me to see that list. (Or I
do, but then I haven't found how.)
Amir, Anil?

Also, it'd be worth listing who have access to the server hosting
ocaml.org, as I suppose that would make a different list.

Philippe