[ocaml-infra] Access rights to ocaml.org's github repo

Ashish Agarwal agarwal1975 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 16:38:06 GMT 2016

> As long as all commits go through PRs and there is broad consensus for
changes

Exactly, so in fact having commit rights to ocaml/ocaml.org is not about
being able to make contributions. Everyone can do that by way of a pull
request. I'd rather we kept the list of direct committers to fewer people,
and not keep strictly increasing the size of the list. The director
committers should be people who can be trusted to review pull requests.
This means: you have a reasonable understanding of the code base and
ocaml.org policies, and a broad understanding of the website's content. We
should remove people who have not been active in these ways. I propose the
list be:

- agarwal
- amirmc
- Chris00
- dsheets
- mauny
- pw374

Mauny is being kept despite not meeting the above criteria, but he meets a
different one: the INRIA team should have 1 person on the list since they
want to and they own the domain.

Louis, I have no objection to adding you since you contribute to the
community in plenty of ways. However, can you please explain what your
contribution to ocaml.org has been or will be. Why do you want access?

Regarding listing people's organizations, this was discussed before, and I
proposed: people's organization be listed if their contribution to ocaml.org
is on behalf of that organization. In other words, if you want to add your
organization after your name, go ahead.