[ocaml-infra] ocaml-legacy into the ocaml/ github org

Xavier Leroy Xavier.Leroy at inria.fr
Sun Sep 18 11:10:45 BST 2016

On 09/16/2016 03:01 PM, Gabriel Scherer wrote:
> Instead of distributing patches, would it make sense to just merge
> these commits in the corresponding version-branches of the upstream
> codebase? Then we could either convince Damien to create new tags for
> these releases, or just use switch descriptions that use git branch
> directly.
>
> (Going back to old release branches to commit patches to build on
> newer systems is an idea that has been itching me for a while.)

Is there an identified need?  (Beside your itches.)  So far, we don't
even backport bug fixes to older versions of OCaml.  Why should we
patch those older versions so that they compile (bugs included) on
recent systems?  Is this the best possible use we can make of our
limited collective manpower?

- Xavier