[opam-devel] passing opam-repository under CC0

Thomas Gazagnaire thomas at ocamlpro.com
Thu Aug 8 20:43:44 BST 2013

Hello all,

I want to clarify the licensing of OPAM metadata to avoid future confusions about that. Ideally I would like to be CC0[1] (eg. almost public domain, but with some legal existence in countries such as France).

So if you have contributed to https://github.com/OCamlPro/opam-repository, please comment on https://github.com/OCamlPro/opam-repository/issues/955 to confirm that you are happy with the change (and if you are not, please discuss the issue here).

I believe than some contributors are not on this list, so if you happen to know some of them, please contact them to tell them to do so. I will try to dig into Github to find email of everyone, but I'm not sure I will be able to do that alone :-)

Best,
Thomas

[1] http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/