[opam-devel] branch merge

Thomas Gazagnaire thomas at ocamlpro.com
Tue Aug 13 17:56:24 BST 2013

> Is this documented somewhere? Do you mean we can manually add content into this directory? I notice that pinning a package creates a foo.pinned directory. Is "pinned" a specially treated version?

Not yet documented properly. But yes, you could add files in there manually and it should be picked up correctly. Note that there are still known issues/regressions with pinning that Louis is currently fixing (https://github.com/OCamlPro/opam/pull/751). Pinned packages are a bit special: they MUST have a version number appearing in their OPAM file(otherwise the solver is very confuse) and the MUST have an url overlay file -- apart that, nothing different from other packages.

Things are a bit in flux and we are late for releasing 1.1, but we want to get the pin/update things rock-solid so we'll take the necessary time to make it so.

Best,
Thomas