[opam-devel] opam repository problems

Richard Mortier Richard.Mortier at nottingham.ac.uk
Sun Dec 8 14:13:04 GMT 2013

On 8 Dec 2013, at 14:11, Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:

> On 8 Dec 2013, at 14:07, Richard Mortier <Richard.Mortier at nottingham.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>> don't think it's anything to do with non-http remotes. ok-- just to be clear then:
>>
>> + we're only interested in opam.1.1.0 *not* in opam.1.0.0
>>
>> + the correct default opam repo to use is http://opam.ocaml.org
>
> That's correct (to clarify, https://opam.ocaml.org works too, not just the http:// URL).
>
> OPAM 1.1 is in both Debian unstable and Homebrew now, so there's no point supporting the older version.

ok.

>> in which case i'm fine, things build under those conditions. but i'll strip out the needless tests from the .travis.yml in at least a few repos; and could you update your ppa sometime so that the default opam remote is opam.ocaml.org rather than opam.ocamlpro.org please?
>
> I'm confused -- which PPA has opam.ocamlpro.com hardcoded in?  They should all be on OPAM 1.1 now.

hm. maybe it was only the old opam.1.0.0 ones. let me check again.

--
Cheers,

R.

may still contain software viruses which could damage your computer system, you are advised to perform your own checks. Email communications with the University of Nottingham may be monitored as permitted by UK legislation.