[opam-devel] opam/ocp-index integration guidelines

Daniel Bünzli daniel.buenzli at erratique.ch
Wed Dec 18 12:31:24 GMT 2013

Ok so if I gather well:

1) Installing a .cmi is enough for completion and getting the type.
2) Installing .cmti adds the (ocaml)docs of each function (which is nice).

However:
> (I think ocp-index looks for any _build or _obuild parent subdir to find the cmt of the current project and in all `opam config var lib` subdirs for the installed packages).
This assertion seems to be wrong:

> ocp-index complete Tsdl.Sdl.init

returns nothing. While:

> ocp-index complete -I `opam config var tsdl:lib` Tsdl.Sdl.init
Tsdl.Sdl.init val Init.t -> unit result

Tsdl.Sdl.init_sub_system val Init.t -> unit result

Should I file a bug report with ocp-index ?

Best,

Daniel