[opam-devel] new branch merged

Thomas Gazagnaire thomas at ocamlpro.com
Fri May 17 14:10:29 BST 2013

Hi,

I've just merged a new branch in the main OPAM tree, which should greatly improve 'opam update' speed. Normally everything should work fine (unit-tests are passing and I'm using regularly on my machine without getting problems), but if you see some weirdness which seems related to these patches, please do not hesitate to report them on https://github.com/OCamlPro/opam/issues.

This branch also contains a new opamVCS functor [1] which should help creating new repository backends based on VCS.

That was the last big change I wanted to make in 1.0.1. So now, I'll look and fix the last minor issues reported on the bug tracker (the ones with the 1.0.* milestone)  and try to make a release in the next couple of weeks.

Best,
Thomas

[1] https://github.com/OCamlPro/opam/blob/master/src/repositories/opamVCS.mli