[opam-devel] opam binary snapshot

Sylvain Le Gall sylvain+ocaml at le-gall.net
Tue Nov 5 01:34:39 GMT 2013

Made some progress on opam2debian: I can generate an installable
package, but ocamlfind need some tuning.

You can checkout the github repository:
https://github.com/gildor478/opam2debian

You will need to install jingoo as well:
https://forge.ocamlcore.org/projects/jingoo/

Build opam2debian (and install if you want).

$ ../opam2debian.byte create --name opam2debian-test --verbose --build ounit
... [do a lot of thing, including building the binary package]

$ sudo dpkg -i opam2debian-test_20131105_amd64.deb
# The package is 3.1MB but uses system compiler...

$ env OPAMROOT=/opt/opam2debian/opam2debian-test/ opam list -i
base-bigarray   base  Bigarray library distributed with the OCaml compiler
base-threads    base  Threads library distributed with the OCaml compiler
base-unix       base  Unix library distributed with the OCaml compiler
ocamlfind      1.4.0  A library manager for OCaml
ounit          2.0.0  Unit testing framework ...

# and to prove that I am not cheating.
$ opam list -i
Please run 'opam init' first to initialize the state of OPAM.
'opam list -i' failed.

However I have still this issue:
$ /opt/opam2debian/opam2debian-test/system/bin/ocamlfind list
ocamlfind: Config file not found - neither
/opt/opam/home/gildor/programmation/opam2debian/tmp/opam2debian-test/system/lib/findlib.conf
nor the directory
/opt/opam/home/gildor/programmation/opam2debian/tmp/opam2debian-test/system/lib/findlib.conf.d

I need to figure out why and what I am missing here.

Cheers
Sylvain