[opam-devel] "waitpid" failed: No child processes

Guillaume Hennequin gje.hennequin at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 12:26:14 GMT 2013

Hi,

not sure the opam "devel" list is the right place to post this, but I
couldn't find any opam "users" list...

I'm trying to install opam locally on a server on which I don't have
admin rights; open-Suse,  kenel 2.6.11.4-21.11;
I have ocaml 4.01.0 installed already (had to install it separately,
because this server had an old ocaml version (3.08.1) which caused the
opam ./configure to complain);

I had no problem compiling opam itself, but running "opam init" results
in

'opam init' failed.
Fatal error:
# opam-version  1.1.0
# os            Linux
opam: "waitpid" failed: No child processes

... and I'm stuck...

Any help greatly appreciated !

best
Guillaume