[opam-devel] Repository format

Nicolas Braud-Santoni nicolas at braud-santoni.eu
Thu Oct 10 09:33:28 BST 2013

On 10/10/2013 09:37, Thomas Gazagnaire wrote:
> Hello,
>
>> I was wondering whether the developer's manual[1] is up-to-date, esp.
>> regarding the repository format.
>
> Yes, it is supposed to be up-to-date.

Nice :)

>> Indeed, I endeavour to write a module for the Paludis[2] package
>> manager, in order to use directly the OPAM package descriptions.
>> [...]
>
> Nice! Would be glad to hear your progress on that -- feel free to suggest ways we can help you or make your life easier, for instance if you plan to use the opam library to parse the files (ie. OpamFile.OPAM.read).

Unfortunately, various reasons[1] prevent me from directly leveraging
the OPAM library, so I will probably end up writing another
implementation ... in C++ :(

I would be happy to report whatever progress I do, however.

Regards,

Nicolas

[1] Mostly, Paludis makes concurrent calls to the repository-handling code.