[opam-devel] opam 1.1.1 and aspcud 1.9

Anil Madhavapeddy anil at recoil.org
Wed Dec 10 14:54:39 GMT 2014

I just reproduced it by following the referenced bug report.

From a fresh Ubuntu 14.10, if I do:

$ sudo apt-get install opam camlp4-extra aspcud
$ opam init -a
$ opam install mirage -y
$ eval `opam config env`

At this point some packages have been installed and mirage is installed.

Now however, if I use mirage it invokes opam install again and packages
are reinstalled as a duplicate.  See below:

opam install --yes conduit cow cowabloga crunch cstruct io-page lwt mirage-clock-unix mirage-conduit mirage-console mirage-fs-unix mirage-http mirage-net-unix mirage-types mirage-unix tcpip vchan
[NOTE] Package mirage-types is already installed (current version is 2.1.0).
[NOTE] Package lwt is already installed (current version is 2.4.6).
[NOTE] Package io-page is already installed (current version is 1.1.1).
[NOTE] Package cstruct is already installed (current version is 1.4.0).
[NOTE] Package crunch is already installed (current version is 1.3.0).
[WARNING] mirage-unix.2.1.0 references unknown package mirage-profile
The following actions will be performed:
 - install ocamlfind.1.5.5 [required by cowabloga, crunch, mirage-fs-unix, mirage-http]
 - install base-no-ppx.base [required by cowabloga, mirage-fs-unix, mirage-http]
 - install camlp4.4.01.0 [required by cowabloga, mirage-fs-unix, mirage-http]
 - install base-threads.base [required by cowabloga, mirage-fs-unix, mirage-http]
 - install base-bigarray.base [required by cowabloga]
 - install base-unix.base [required by cowabloga, mirage-fs-unix, mirage-http]
 - install xmlm.1.2.0 [required by cowabloga]
 - install uutf.0.9.3 [required by cowabloga]
 - install stringext.1.1.0 [required by cowabloga, mirage-http]
 - install ssl.0.4.7 [required by cowabloga, mirage-fs-unix, mirage-http]
 - install re.1.2.2 [required by cowabloga, mirage-http]
 - install ounit.2.0.0 [required by cowabloga, mirage-fs-unix, mirage-http]
 - install hex.0.1.0 [required by cowabloga]
 - install cmdliner.0.9.5 [required by cowabloga, crunch, mirage-http]
 - install base64.1.0.0 [required by cowabloga, mirage-http]
 - install base-bytes.legacy [required by cowabloga, mirage-fs-unix, mirage-http]
 - install ulex.1.1 [required by cowabloga]
 - install type_conv.111.13.00 [required by cowabloga, mirage-fs-unix, mirage-http]
 - install optcomp.1.6 [required by cowabloga, mirage-fs-unix, mirage-http]
 - install omd.1.2.3 [required by cowabloga]
 - install jsonm.0.9.1 [required by cowabloga]
 - install lwt.2.4.6 [required by cowabloga, mirage-fs-unix, mirage-http]
 - install crunch.1.3.0
 - install sexplib.111.25.00 [required by cowabloga, mirage-fs-unix, mirage-http]
 - install fieldslib.109.20.03 [required by cowabloga, mirage-http]
 - install dyntype.0.9.0 [required by cowabloga]
 - install ocplib-endian.0.7 [required by cowabloga, mirage-fs-unix, mirage-http]
 - install uri.1.7.2 [required by cowabloga, mirage-http]

I've not managed to narrow it down further to a smaller test case, but the OPAMDEBUG
gist is up at: https://gist.github.com/avsm/62e28b05e2b282ed5fbe

Any inspiration from there from the CUDF interactions in the above gist?

-anil