[opam-devel] OPAM Roadmap -- what next ?

Daniel Bünzli daniel.buenzli at erratique.ch
Sun Dec 21 16:16:45 GMT 2014

Le dimanche, 21 décembre 2014 à 16:57, Peter Zotov a écrit :

> I still don't see a reason to have multiple versions installed at once
> that would justify the migration cost.

You may be working on different projects whose recursive dependencies includes two different versions of a library or you are a library author working on an incompatible release of a library. Both already happened to me and it's painful. Using a switch just for that as it was once suggested to me is painful and error prone, one time out of two you end up starting your build in the wrong switch.

Daniel