[opam-devel] How to manage a package manager (Was: Re: [opam] Build clarification (#1149))

Amir Chaudhry amc79 at cam.ac.uk
Sat Feb 1 13:47:55 GMT 2014

Best wishes,
Amir

--
sent via mobile

> On 1 Feb 2014, at 14:40, Roberto Di Cosmo <roberto at dicosmo.org> wrote:
>
> Sure, but if I shoot myself in the foot and destroy ~/.opam, that's my proble, right?

I wouldn't call this shooting myself in the foot. It's pretty much my default option when I've had issues with the solver (I'm not on mavericks).

As a user, I've been pretty pleased that I can blow away .opam if I have problems and just get packages again. This is less painful than it used to be as my system compiler is now 4.01.0 so I can make switches easily.

AC