[opam-devel] can a repository URL point to a sub-directory of a git repo

Ashish Agarwal agarwal1975 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 16:02:50 GMT 2014

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 10:42 AM, Thomas Gazagnaire <
thomas.gazagnaire at gmail.com> wrote:

That's very weird. Where did you find that email address ???

Seems I'm wrong. It was decided to use only opam-devel for both user and
devel questions:
https://sympa.inria.fr/sympa/arc/caml-list/2013-03/msg00023.html

Thus, cc'ing opam-devel now. I guess opam-users at inria.fr should be shut
down. That would have given me an undeliverable error (though I got lucky
and you somehow found this message anyway).

> that should be asdf/opam/{opam,url,descr}

It still doesn't work:

$ opam repository add asdf-dev git at github.com:agarwal/asdf.git
asdf-dev   Fetching git at github.com:agarwal/asdf.git
Updating ~/.opam/repo/compiler-index ...
Updating ~/.opam/compilers/ ...
Updating ~/.opam/repo/package-index ...
Updating ~/.opam/packages/ ...
Updating the cache of metadata (~/.opam/state.cache) ...

$ opam info asdf
[ERROR] No packages found.
'/Users/ashish/usr/ocaml/4.01.0/bin/opam info asdf' failed.

Also, with this, how does opam know what version to assign the package?