[opam-devel] Apscud on osx < 10.9 (was Re: aspcud 1.9.0 packages on Archlinux)

Roberto Di Cosmo roberto at dicosmo.org
Thu Mar 27 12:47:45 GMT 2014

>From the little I can grasp from the description, your version
of opam seems really outdated: this kind of problems were present in the
old opam code for external solvers (including the wrong fallback to the
internal solver), and have been fixed now for weeks.

I can confirm that with the version in trunk opam --git-version does
not return an empty string here.

As a side test, you may try opam --help; if you do not see a line describing the
option --criteria=CRITERIA, that you are sure you are not on trunk.

But it is probably safer to just git clone git at github.com:ocaml/opam.git
and rebuild everything from there.

--
Roberto

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 12:46:02PM +0100, Daniel Bünzli wrote:
> Le jeudi, 27 mars 2014 à 12:15, Daniel Bünzli a écrit :
> > In any case if that works I still get the external solver failure.
>
> And it seems that the pretended fallback to the internal solver makes a complete mess (you get different result than if you use --no-apscud). I'm in the middle of a total opam meltdown. Can please anybody confirm me that `brew install opam --HEAD` really installs HEAD despite the fact that `opam --git-version` is empty ?
>
> Daniel

Roberto Di Cosmo

Professeur               En delegation a l'INRIA
PPS                      E-mail: roberto at dicosmo.org
Universite Paris Diderot WWW  : http://www.dicosmo.org
Case 7014                Tel  : ++33-(0)1-57 27 92 20
5, Rue Thomas Mann
F-75205 Paris Cedex 13   Identica: http://identi.ca/rdicosmo
FRANCE.                  Twitter: http://twitter.com/rdicosmo
Attachments:
MIME accepted, Word deprecated
Office location:

Bureau 3020 (3rd floor)
Batiment Sophie Germain
Avenue de France
Metro Bibliotheque Francois Mitterrand, ligne 14/RER C