[opam-devel] [ocaml-infra] Dealing with incompatible releases in opam

Daniel Bünzli daniel.buenzli at erratique.ch
Thu Mar 27 14:41:55 GMT 2014

Le jeudi, 27 mars 2014 à 15:23, Anil Madhavapeddy a écrit :

> [ccing opam-devel -- wrong list?]

I was not sure.

> Yes, that's normally what I do. It's tediously manual at the moment, sadly...

Yes. That said the problem is quite vicious in fact as it forces every dependent that has dependents in the repo to do a new release even if it doesn't break. For example I spotted that on that chain: react <- zed <- lambda-term

zed compiles fines, but lambda-term doesn't. But lambda term doesn't explicitly depend on react. So zed will have to do a release. Or is lambda-term wrongly specified ?

Daniel