[opam-devel] having an iocamljs for every pull request

Anil Madhavapeddy anil at recoil.org
Tue May 6 11:16:57 BST 2014

Jeremy enquired about what is required to have an iocamljs toplevel available for every new package pull request into OPAM repository.  I believe we actually have many of the mechanics already:

- Set up an `i.ocaml.org` virtual machine to serve the Cohttp static site for IOCamlJS.  This never runs native code, but does all the URL remapping for the JavaScript frontend to work.  We would need to add virtual hosting support for it, which should be fairly easy.

- Detect if there's a new ocamlfind package in the pull request, which could be done using Thomas' ocamlfind-detection patch.

- Alter the OPAM-repository Travis scripts to POST to i.ocaml.org with the OPAM repository merge point and the name of the new package(s), and have the VM build the new libraries and make the cmo available.

- Have the Travis script comment on the original pull request with the URL of the toplevel.

- Sit back and listen to the awed gasps.

Does this sound about right?