[opam-devel] call for help: opam history

Fabrice Le Fessant Fabrice.Le_fessant at inria.fr
Wed Oct 1 10:41:43 BST 2014

Ok. Before modifying the document, I would like to suggest the
following overview:

1/ The Ancestors of OPAM (GODI and so on)
2/ The Foundations of OPAM (gathering several teams to work on OPAM)
3/ The Birth of OPAM (first implementations)
4/ The Rise of OPAM (first release and current situation)

Also, I would like to put some stress on the 4 main differences
between GODI and OPAM, as I see them. The 4 short-comings of GODI I
see that are fixed by OPAM are:
- sub-optimal installation solutions => use of CUDF/Dose
- complex user interface => simple "à la apt" interface
- complex repository management => simple github-based workflow
- no automatic Q/A on the repository => Travis + OWS

What do you think ?
--Fabrice

--
Fabrice LE FESSANT