[opam-devel] Opam 1.2 release

Louis Gesbert louis.gesbert at ocamlpro.com
Thu Oct 23 06:06:32 BST 2014

Yes, this is already in place: 1.1 users should have been redirected to http://opam.ocaml.org/1.1/ , which is dynamically rewritten from the main repo (for packages declared with opam-version >=1.2 only).

I also just merged https://github.com/ocaml/opam-repository/pull/2804 , which applies the travis tests on the submitted package as is on opam 1.2 and on the rewritten repo for opam 1.1, so that any 1.2 bugs, 1.1 incompatibilities OR failures in the rewrite script can be caught at that stage. This should make it quite safe to accept 1.2 packages once they pass the travis tests.