[opam-devel] Travis is broken

Peter Zotov whitequark at whitequark.org
Sat Oct 25 11:27:44 BST 2014

On 2014-10-25 13:51, Thomas Gazagnaire wrote:
> I've cleanup the build queue manually yesterday (by cancelling all the
> OSX builds when necessary). The remaining 16 PRs are all broken by
> themselves.

FYI I have set up a buildbot+bors config and verified that it works.
(It's sitting there as a snapshot in DigitalOcean.)
However as I currently only have Linux workers, it seems to have
little benefit over the current Travis situation. Nevertheless,
if there is consensus that we should deploy buildbot+bors, I will
be happy to help.

> Best,
> Thomas
>
> On 24 Oct 2014, at 15:58, Thomas Gazagnaire <thomas at gazagnaire.org>
> wrote:
>
>> They advised us to drop the OSX builds for now on ... so we should
>> start by doing that. That's a bit unfortunate but that's better than
>> the currently broken situation.
>>
>> On 24 Oct 2014, at 02:07, Thomas Gazagnaire <thomas at gazagnaire.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I agree this is a problem and I just sent a message to Travis CI
>>> support to tell them about the issue. If you come up with a nice
>>> solution I'm sure we can find a way to host it. Would be worth
>>> looking at docker images (see https://github.com/avsm/docker-opam).
>>>
>>> Thomas

Peter Zotov