[opam-devel] Travis CI failures

Ashish Agarwal agarwal1975 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 17:36:25 BST 2014

Are the travis scripts for opam public? Where are they? Maybe I can learn
from them.

In my own repos, I haven't managed to use the system compiler. I'm forced
to do `opam switch --comp=4.02.0`, which causes me to compile ocaml every
time. Here are the problems I have with the binary system compilers:

*On Ubuntu*
I use Anil's PPAs, and successfully do:

apt-get install ocaml opam camlp4

However, I then request to install a bunch of opam packges and am told that:

The following actions will be performed:

 - install   camlp4.4.02.0+system                  [required by
variantslib, tyxml, type_conv, sexplib, pgocaml, pa_ounit, optcomp,
ocamlscript, js_of_ocaml, fieldslib, enumerate, custom_printf, core_kernel,
comparelib, bitstring, async_unix, async_extra, async, async_kernel,
bin_prot, camomile, core, cudf, dyntype, extlib, herelib, lwt, ocp-build,
pa_bench, pa_test, pipebang, textutils, typerep, ulex]

And then installation of camlp4 fails with:

./check-camlp4.sh: 3: ./check-camlp4.sh: camlp4orf: not found

Indeed camlp4orf is not installed.

*On CentOS*
I follow the instructions here
<http://software.opensuse.org/download.html?project=home:ocaml&package=opam>,
successfully do `yum install ocaml opam` (it seems there is no camlp4
binary provided). I then request to install a bunch of opam packages, and
many fail with:

Cannot find external tool 'ocamldoc'

Indeed ocamldoc is not installed.

If I can get the correct procedure to follow, I'll be happy to update
ocaml.org's Install page.