[opam-devel] OPAM: retiring 3.12.1 testing?

Anil Madhavapeddy anil at recoil.org
Mon Feb 16 11:04:00 GMT 2015

Dear OCaml list,

We are currently testing the following compiler versions on every pull request to OPAM;

- OCaml 3.12.1
- OCaml 4.00.1
- OCaml 4.01.0
- OCaml 4.02.0

We will shortly have to test 4.02.1, and would also like to test trunk snapshots of the
compiler as an "allowed failure".

Running 6 compiler revisions per package puts quite a bit of stress on our Travis CI
resources, and so it's probably time to retire OCaml 3.12.1 from the testing matrix.

Before we do this, I'd like to get a sense for how many people still care about ensuring
that their packages work well on the 3.12.1 series, or if there are still distributions
for which this support matters.  If there is still sufficient interest, we can continue
to support 3.12.1 for some time.

thanks,
Anil