[opam-devel] [RFC] Switch and package configuration variables

Daniel Bünzli daniel.buenzli at erratique.ch
Tue Jul 7 18:19:20 BST 2015

Hello,

It seems we sometimes need to let package expose some of their configuration abilities to end-user (case in point nocrypto using the cpu extensions or not).

It should also be easier to define per switch configuration variables (which e.g. may help the recent non-discussion about windows ports and cross-compilation).

Since I was thinking about how this could be integrated with assemblage this lead me to write down a proposal here:

https://github.com/ocaml/opam/issues/2247

I'm really not fond of the input/output configuration variable naming scheme I used, maybe user/state configuration variable would be better ?

Feedback welcome,

Daniel