[opam-devel] OPAM on Native Windows - Status update

David Allsopp dra-news at metastack.com
Sat Sep 26 08:37:17 BST 2015

ygrek wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Sep 2015 16:57:20 -0700
> ygrek <ygrek at autistici.org> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 15 Sep 2015 12:31:07 +0100
> > "David Allsopp" <dra-news at metastack.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I had the chance to sync with a few people in Cambridge at the end
> > > of August, and as a result a few of us had a presentation/discussion
> > > at Microsoft Research Cambridge yesterday about the work I've done
> > > so far and what still needs doing. The (PDF) slides from my talk are
> > > available at
> > > http://1drv.ms/1QeD746
> >
> > Any chance to access this without microsoft login?
>
> errr, it requires login in Iceweasel, but shows alright in Chromium...

That's very strange - it doesn't require login in Firefox on my (Windows) box, either!

ygrek wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Sep 2015 12:31:07 +0100
> "David Allsopp" <dra-news at metastack.com> wrote:
>
> From the slides :
>
> >  •Integrate libcurl directly (PoC already done)
>
> I am curious if that uses ocurl and if you had any problems on windows
> with it?

Yes, it does use ocurl. The proof-of-concept in this case was part of downloading the Cygwin repository (see https://github.com/dra27/opam-experiments/blob/master/cygwin-repository/CygRepository.ml#L355-L542).

There were various issues, but you merged my pull request for dealing with them: https://github.com/ygrek/ocurl/pull/8

I expect there will be a few more (minor) issues when I build it using the Microsoft C Compiler (I only did this experiment using mingw), but I'll submit that back to you as-and-when.

David