[opam-devel] opam getting compiler version wrong

Louis Gesbert meta at antislash.info
Thu Dec 8 17:07:27 GMT 2016

Indeed, there is one. It is all documented at:

http://opam.ocaml.org/blog/opam-2-0-preview/#Repositorychanges

The last note explains why you didn't see many 'ocaml' packages. Also, `opam-
admin` has a new option `--mirror` since then, to upgrade a repo without
overwriting the 1.2 version

Note that, as a hack, you could set the variable by hand (opam config set
ocaml-version VERSION) ; but you are likely to run into other issues.