[opam-devel] Please don't DoS the opam-repository

Anil Madhavapeddy anil at recoil.org
Tue Feb 23 10:50:00 GMT 2016

It's the free service, and so it's rate throttled by "reasonable use".  In general we should avoid spamming the repository with a ton of requests to avoid causing Travis a surge.

However, the model that you used is the right one, since it triggers an individual installation of each package rather than failing on the first error (as a big unified PR would).  I don't have an easy answer to how to rate limit pull requests -- hopefully this will just become easier as we run these sort of distfile checks on an ongoing basis and so do not let a big backlog build up.

Thanks for taking all the trouble to file the PRs!

Anil