[opam-devel] IRILL cloud solver down?

Anil Madhavapeddy anil at recoil.org
Wed Feb 24 16:17:41 GMT 2016

On 24 Feb 2016, at 16:06, Grégoire Henry <Gregoire.Henry at ocamlpro.com> wrote:

>> Thanks, it seems to be back up again, so I'm restarting the CI jobs.
>> Is the configuration of the server available so I can set it up as a
>> local Docker container alongside the CI runs?  We can spin up around
>> 3000 containers simultaneously in a bulk run, so this can hit the
>> cloud service pretty hard if they all make HTTP requests for a
>> solution at the same time (and pollutes your logs with CI noise).
>
> Indeed, there is actually a global rate limiter that your bulk runs
> may trigger. We did not took the time to release the tool, yet. We
> will discuss this. I will let you now.

No problem at all -- I'll wire up a quick aspcud<->socat container
to work around the issue for now (the bulk builds would also benefit
from having a deterministic solver binary tied to the run, so we can
chase down aspcud/gringo/clasp compatibility issues as well).

Thanks for the very speedy response!