[opam-devel] Opam license bug

Louis Gesbert louis.gesbert at ocamlpro.com
Mon Jan 18 16:29:17 GMT 2016

Le lundi 18 janvier 2016, 17:17:11 Daniel Bünzli a écrit :
> Le lundi, 18 janvier 2016 à 16:02, Louis Gesbert a écrit :
> > ² We heard a complaint about it from Daniel Bünzli, and do not believe it
> > to be the general feeling. To make your own informed opinion on it, here
> > are the related comments and our answers:
> >
> > https://github.com/OCamlPro/ocp-indent/pull/192
>
> I would also like to add your last answer to this thread is a little bit
> disingenuous since we all know who's the major financial backer that is
> behind the software.

Jane Street is indeed the major financial backer behind opam, and we are very
thankful for that. Most open-source projects are possible thanks to sponsors,
and my meaning wasn't that we work for free, which would be nonsense -- I
didn't intend my wording to be misleading, so sorry if it was.

However, I don't see your point or how it relates to the issue at hand; also
note that, leaving aside the consideration of LGPL vs BSD, something should be
done to clarify the current situation anyway.

Best,
Louis