[opam-devel] Opam license bug

Roberto Di Cosmo roberto at dicosmo.org
Tue Jan 19 07:56:52 GMT 2016

Oh well, another license/cla/ianal/lawyers-are-evil thread / troll...

Being, still today, the 5th opam contributor, according to the git commit
debatable metrics I am of course obliged to feed the troll.

So, well, first of all, let me totally and deeply disagree on the cursorily
repeated assertions in this thread that imply that GPL is BAD and BSD is
GOOD. This kind of generic self asserting statements are ok among kids, not
grown up persons able to master a sophisticated language like OCaml.

Personally, I am strongly against moving from LGPL to BSD, and no matter if
you agree or not with me, that clearly means that such a move would not
encourage contributions in general, but only contributions from BSD fans.

Roberto Di Cosmo (via mobile/cell)