[opam-devel] deprecating opam 1.2.0

Anil Madhavapeddy anil at recoil.org
Fri Jul 15 14:56:38 BST 2016

Also CCing Mehdi to see if we can get a backport of 1.2.2 to Debian Stable.

In the meanwhile, I've created (using my very limited Debian knowledge) a backport container at:
https://github.com/avsm/debian-jessie-backports-opam

that builds all the right Debs for Jessie.

If it's not practical to have an official backport, I will publish these somewhere and leave them automatically rebuilding. They currently backport too much though, since unfortunately there seems to be an ocamlfind > 1.5.1 dependency somewhere in the build chain that pulls in OCaml 4.02.3 for some reason  (not had time to investigate).

-a